Commercial Connection Process
A Commercial Connection may be a Residential property used outside the scope of a Single Family Residential Unit and would be considered Non-Standard, or a truly defined Commercial Entity. Please refer to Key Terms.
Process for New Connection / Construction
All engineered plans must be reviewed, approved and stamped by SJWTX Engineering prior to the commencement of work.
- Commercial Connection Questionnaire (PDF)
- Water Service-Sizer Questionnaire (PDF), if engineered drawings are not being utilized.
- Service Application and Agreement (PDF)
- Current valid photo identification or Tax ID number
- Customer Service Inspection Agreement (PDF) Please sign and return with the building completion date
- Applicable Fees.
- Test and Maintenance Form, if a well exists on the property. If you have an existing well, you must have a backflow prevention device installed prior to receiving your meter. A Test & Maintenance Report must be submitted prior to installation.
- Signed Commercial Connection Agreement Completed by the CLWSC Water Services Group and reviewed by Contracts Administrator.
In certain areas, SJWTX provides wastewater services or may include wastewater charges on your water service bill on behalf of another provider. When you apply for new service, the SJWTX specialist will discuss with you if this applies to your location.
Process for Existing Connection
- Service Application & Agreement
- Current Valid Photo Identification or Tax ID Number
- Proof of Ownership or Tenancy
- HUD Statement / Buyers Summary Statement
- Closing Disclosure
- Warranty Deeds
- Lease Agreements
- Applicable Fees