Billing and Payment
SJWTX provides several options for you to pay your bill, including online payments, auto-payments, or pay by mail.
If the payment window does not open, turn off your pop-up blocker.
Payments received BEFORE 5:00 pm will be given same-day credit to the water account. Payments received AFTER 5:00 pm will be processed the next business day.
If you prefer to have your bill automatically paid using your checking or savings account or a credit or debit card (we can process Visa, Mastercard, and Discover), please enroll in our convenient Auto-Pay service and the full amount of your bill will be automatically deducted from your bank account on the due date listed on your bill.
The customer is responsible for updating the Customer Portal with current payment information.
To update payment information, once you have logged into your account on the Customer Portal, click the “My Profile” button from the top, and select “Payment Options” from the pop-up menu. From there, you can add, edit, and delete payment methods.
How to Enroll
To enroll in autopay, you’ll need to register an account on our customer portal. Once you’ve registered your account, you’ll have the option to register for autopay, as well as paperless billing. Please note that registering for autopay is a two-step process- once you complete the online portion through the customer service, you will receive a confirmation email. You must open the email and click the confirmation link in the email before autopay will activate on your account.
If your payment through the autopay service is returned or declined, you will be notified via email, and late fees and returned payment fees may apply. If payment has not been made by the late fee date, a second notice will be mailed. Disconnection of service for non-payment will apply if your bill has not been paid by the disconnect date on the second notice.
The customer is responsible for keeping their payment information on the Customer Portal current.
You can call the SJWTX office staff for help updating portal information at 830-312-4600 between 8:30 am -4:30 pm, Monday – Friday if you require assistance.
Pay By Mail
Use these tips for a smooth payment process:
- Do not mail cash
- Make checks payable to "SJWTX" or "CLWSC"
- Do not staple or tape your check to the payment coupon
- Write your SJWTX account number on the check
- Include the remittance coupon (payments without a coupon may experience delayed payment processing)
Mail Checks to:
PO Box 733390
Dallas, TX 75373-3390
Pay By Cash
Partnering with Western Union, customers now can make their utility bill payments at any Western Union payment location, including HEB, Walmart, Walgreens, Lowes Grocery Store, and Brookshire Bros. You make either pay your bill by cash or debit card.*
When making a payment, please bring your utility bill. While Western Union only requires the name of the company you are paying, your account number, and the amount you are paying, some Western Union agents may require your ID and other information to make a payment.
Please note that our company is listed as "Canyon Lake Water" at Western Union locations.
Drop Off Payments:
A drop box is located only at our business office at 1399 Sattler Rd in Canyon Lake, TX. Any payment made via dropbox will be posted the following business day.
The payment methods accepted are:
- Money Order
- Cashier's Check
Please note we do not accept cash in our payment drop box. Please see "Pay by Cash" for more details.
We are closed on holidays.
Bills are not mailed from our business office. The post office will not forward your water bill to you if you have a new billing address. If your billing address has changed, please contact our office or send a completed Account Status Change Form to update your account.
- Your payment is late if not paid in full by the due date listed on your bill.
- Accounts not paid by the due date are subject to a penalty of 10% of the bill or $5.00, whichever is greater.
- Accounts not paid by the disconnect date noted on your bill are subject to disconnection.
- A non-refundable $25.00 fee is required to reconnect service after it has been disconnected for non-payment.
- Any payments returned unpaid are subject to a non-refundable $30.00 returned payment fee.
- Depending on your billing cycle, your bill is usually mailed by the first working day of the month.
- Your bill is mailed from San Antonio, TX. The post office will not forward your water bill to you if you have a new billing address. If your billing address has changed, it is your responsibility to complete an Account Status Change Form to update your account.
SJWTX has one billing cycle. SJWTX Customer Service Technicians or contracted Meter Readers read meters monthly.
- Meters are read around the 26th day of each month.
- Bills are mailed on the last working day of the month.
- Payment is due on the 15th of the month.
If your due date falls on a weekend or Holiday, SJWTX will not consider your payment late until the next business day.